It's going to be cold on the Carmel in winter. Of this much I'm certain. Not Chicago cold, and I doubt we will see any snow, but cold nonetheless. People are already wearing sweaters and hoodies around the campus at night, because it goes down into the 50's with a heavy wind. I guess if I'm going to make it to the beach it had better be soon.
If I do go, it will probably be with another relative of mine, Prechia. Unlike with the Mor's, she and I only speak in Hebrew with each other. She is quite fond of the waterfront, and when she called me the other day, all she wanted to know was when I would be free to go to the beach with her. I haven't forgotten that the last time we went, I was stung by a bee.
Classes are in full swing now. I've had three classes already (Talmud, Hebrew and "Terrorism and Responses") and so far I am enjoying all of them. Seeing as I'm registered for an unmanageable 20 hours right now, I hope that one of these classes seriously sucks. Otherwise it is going to be tough to choose. I am definitely taking Hebrew and Arabic. Beyond that is anyone's guess, but I would like to keep the classes I have already been to. I did get a syllabus via email for a class entitled "Media in War and Crisis" and it will be a massive amount of work if I decide to keep it: 9 weekly assignments, a term project and 20 page research paper. Suffice it to say, that sort of stacks the deck against me keeping this class, but I'll reserve judgment until I've sat in on the class.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment