But seriously, folks. It's Shavuot and my final Jewish holiday in Israel before heading back to Chicago. It's also the week of my cousin Shahar's fourth birthday. I got to spend the holiday the best way I could imagine here in Haifa, with my family at Karmit and Shani's flat, celebrating with Shahar. Everyone was there: Karmit and Shani with their kids Shai and Shahar, Menachem and Devora, Amir, Prechia, and Karmit's in laws.
I couldn't find a toy store on the upper part of the mountain, so I ended up getting him a book by Graeme Base, a children's writer who I loved when I was younger (the book is in Hebrew of course.) My gift does not come close to the one his uncle Amir gave him: A huge playset with firetrucks, cars and a garage. Shai is getting big, and she had quite the surprise for me. With a little help to keep her steady on her feet, she is walking. She's also quite talkative now, but very little of it is actual words. Mostly, she babbles in that baby language that precedes learned language.

2 comments:
Dear Eddie:
Thanks for the compliment. You have elevated Eli's Cheesecake to a new level!
Come visit us at Eli's Cheesecake World on your return from Israel.
Sincerely,
Marc Schulman
President
Eli's Cheesecake
Dear Marc,
I was very excited to see your comment. I'll be back in Chicago this Wednesday. Thanks again.
- Eddie
Post a Comment