Thursday, March 13, 2008

Getting All Caught Up

Hello again everyone. I know it's been a few days since I wrote so I'll try to give you the heads up on my wheelings and dealings this week. My work at Ofakim is getting more comprehensive as I take more responsibility and require less instruction from the administrators. I worked with one of the girls independently yesterday afternoon during the physical therapy session, which was a first. Usually I have been observing or helping out when I am asked to. It wasn't a total success; the girl had a headache and was pretty intransegient, and we barely got through all the exercises. Even so, we did do the whole exercise set.

Outside of that, it's been a normal, albeit not particularly exciting week. I've been to class and had an Arabic quiz, I hung out with my roommates, got a shawarma near the Horev center and caught a movie in the moadon. I did got a haircut this week, the first such haircut since I arrived in Israel. I feel almost aerodynamic now! You'll get some photos of my new do when I post again next week. After months of waiting I am going back to try again to go to Jordan. The plan is to check out Petra and Amman, and hopefully Jerash if we find the time. I'll let you know all about it next week. Shabbat shalom.

No comments: