Sunday, February 17, 2008

Getting My Shit Together

Today was one of those days for doing all the unpleasant things that need doing. I woke up around 9 and the mood to be productive came over me. I've learned from experience that if I ignore that feeling, it could be a long time before I feel it again. First step was gathering all the clothing that littered the floor of my bedroom into my laundry bag and hauling it up to the laundry room. Once my clothes were in the wash, I tackled the filth that has been accumulating in my bedroom. I gave the room the complete treatment: Garbage was thrown out, the multitude of unnecessary papers and read magazines were gathered and removed, dust bunnies were ruthlessly swept up and tossed out as well. I washed the floor, I cleaned my entire bathroom, and I reorganized the rest of my things.

I picked up my clean and now dry laundry and put it all away nicely. I'm especially looking forward to having clean sheets to sleep on tonight. My productivity mood had mostly faded by now, but I had one more big errand to run. I've been running dangerously low on food for days. The pantry was empty and the fridge was almost empty. I headed to the Super-Sal and stocked up on everything I could need. I'm now set for 2 weeks on perishables, and I've got canned and dry food for a month. It wasn't fun transporting everything home on a bus, but there is no satisfaction quite like looking up at a full pantry!

No comments: