Thursday, November 15, 2007

Stomach Flu

I have been battling a stomach virus since early Tuesday. It was a pretty nasty one while the infection was at its peak, but it also receded quickly and I am feeling much better. On Wednesday I ate nothing but some oatmeal, a little cold pasta and a few bites of an apple. Today, when I was feeling better, I had a falafel with a lot of spicy harif for lunch, and a cup of coffee with milk around 5. There can only be two outcomes here: Either I'm healthy again and there won't be any comeuppance, or I'll be burned by the fires of hell in a few hours. Here's to hoping its the first.

I did have the sense to stay in last night while my crew went to a pool hall. Tonight, I have no such sense. I'm going to a bar in Mercaz haCarmel to see a "Beit haBubot" concert tonight. Unfortunately their website is in Hebrew and it doesn't even have track excerpts on it so if you want to hear some, you'll have to find someone with a cd. It is excellent music though, and I recommend it. Think folk acoustic guitar with Latin influences, in Hebrew. Here is the site. It does have tablature, for those of my readers who also play the guitar.

No comments: