Monday, November 26, 2007

Midterms

I'm in the teeth of midterm exams right now. All of the Hebrew Ulpan classes held exams this morning. I didn't find mine to be particularly difficult, but the 6th level (who I share a teacher with) almost unanimously found their exam to be brutal. I don't know if ours was just easier, or if I was better prepared, or if I should be worried that I bombed it. I don't think I will worry; its not really my nature to come unhinged over grades.

Posts will likely be few and far between for the rest of the week. My "Terrorism and Responses" exam is tomorrow afternoon, while my take home exam in "Arab-Israeli Relations" is due on Thursday. I really don't like take home exams. I feel like so much more is expected from me on every answer because I have no time limit and I can make use of all my papers and notes. I'd rather just take a standard test. Plus this means the class will be meeting regularly this Thursday, and I really can't stand "Arab-Israeli Relations." The professor is the worst lecturer I've ever listened to. No exam in Arabic (and I don't know if we will ever have one), and we only have a project and a final exam in Rabbinic Lit. I guess 3 exams in a week isn't terrible.

No comments: