Thursday, January 17, 2008

Attempted Suicide

Er.... Sort of. Actually, I wanted to take this time to tell you about my adopted cat. For those who don't know, I am allergic to cats. Very allergic. Some might say "deathly" allergic to cats. So it doesn't really seem like sound policy that I should have a cat. Allow me to explain: This cat chose me. It is a small (but growing) stray kitten which lives on my floor in the area of my dorm. It is very shy around most people, but for some reason took a shine to me early on. He follows me around, mewing, looking to be petted and played with. I didn't at first, but I do love animals, and eventually I broke and started to play with him a little when I saw him.

Me and my kitten. Should I name him?

For those of you who would worry about these things, know that every time I do stop to play with the kitten, I immediately wash my hands and change out of any clothing he may have come into contact with. I'm not stupid. I even took a benadryl this afternoon after taking these photos, just in case. I do pity the poor thing. It is still bitterly cold outside and he doesn't get the chance to come inside to warm up like I do. I took some of my older, rattier undershirts and made a little bed out front for him. I think I will get a small box to put them in, as it would be warmer than lying on the stone, and it would provide some wind protection. I am such a sucker for pets.

He is playful and energetic. Reminds me of Sparky when he was a puppy.

I guess he is more interested in me than in the camera.

Boy this is not a good idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.